- 12 oz spaghetti
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Makes 12 servings
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon to a crisp in a large pot over medium heat and remove, setting aside, leaving the rendered fat behind.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow plate.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry until cooked through and golden brown, ~5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and let rest.
- Add the artichokes, capers, and wine to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and cooking for ~2 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and the butter to the pan, stirring until the butter has melted and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch slices and add to the caper-artichoke sauce.
- Add the bacon, pasta, and then gently toss the mixture. Serve immediately.